Thursday, January 14, 2016

Saying "Good Bye"





This was my Facebook post on October 1, 2015: 
Tomorrow is the day. The day I have known would come because it was the logical and necessary thing to do. It is the day that I have been working towards for three years. But it is by far NOT EASY. Tomorrow I officially say Good-Bye to "home." The place that was the most special place on this entire EARTH to my mother. The place full of such happy memories...playing "42" around that table again and again and again...bond fires...fish fries...Mom's amazing Thanksgiving Day traditions...learning to drive on the tractor...getting married and the list goes on and on.
I realize it is just a "place" and it is not eternal and my oh my what a mansion I'm sure Mom and Dad have in Heaven. But still, it's just so incredibly hard. Oh my heart! I have to remember that what made it so special was not the place, but the people.
What in the world do I say to the family buying the property that my parents poured their love, blood, sweat, tears and prayers into? I gave it my best shot while shedding my own big tears...
October 2, 2015
Welcome home to FM 2989!! Congratulations ~ you are the new owner of a very special place! I just wanted to share a little bit of the history with you. My parent’s purchased this property in the 1960’s as a family get-away. Tree by tree they started clearing the land, starting with the original road to the right once you enter the gate. All of the work was done by my Dad and my brothers. And often my Grandpa or Grand-Daddy and an Uncle or two would join in on the fun in the woods. It started out as a place to camp in their RV.
Over the years, one by one, buildings were added along with a pond (stocked with catfish and bass), a basketball goal, swing sets and an additional RV hook-up for extended family. Many a campfire, fish fries and homemade ice cream making occurred during these days.
Eventually as retirement time drew near the main house was built. My mom wanted the house to be secluded in the middle of the property. Oh how she loved this land. It was her retreat. My Grandpa’s Bible is buried in the foundation of the house. She designed the guest house (where my Grandma lived) and the upstairs apartment. My parents were happily married for 48 years until Mom passed away from ovarian cancer in 2002. My Daddy was a preacher, sharing the love of Jesus for well over 50 years until he took his last breath on this earth three years ago. Mom and Dad kept this place that they fondly called “JLB Country” immaculate…until mom got sick, then the things that once were tended to no longer were a priority. It hasn’t been the same since. I hope you recognize the amazing potential this property has! 
If the walls could talk they would tell you that this home was full of laughter, singing, music, domino playing, football watching, Thanksgiving and Christmas memories, lots of prayer and most of all LOVE…love for one another, family, friends and love for God.
My heart will always be there….my mother almost delivered me there (nearly 41 years ago) as her water broke unexpectedly. My former pets are buried there. I learned to drive there…on a tractor! I was married there. So many wonderful holiday memories will forever be cherished. It is my hope and desire that you will continue the legacy that has been in this home for decades…a legacy of LOVE.
May God bless you and yours,
Rachel (Bailey) Richards

This was  my Facebook post on October 3, 2015:
Sing with me now friends..."God is so good, God is so good, God is so good, He's so good to me!" 🎶
Once again God has showed me how He loves, cares and provides for His children. Even in the little things. When we don't see the plan we must remember He has GOOD planned for us. You know how hard selling my parent's home and property was and I just had to trust in God's plan. Well let me tell you that I walked away with nothing but peace and yes there were tears...tears of Joy!
Not only did God give us cash buyers including NO REPAIRS or REPAIR ALLOWANCE, which that alone is a beautiful thing. He also gave me my heart's desire...a family that loves Jesus, each other and this very special place. This is what I received in my email today...
Rachel - My wife and I went over to the --------'s house last night to deliver the keys and your sweet letter. Attached is a picture I snapped as Valerie and Ryan were reading it. My wife is looking on. She read the letter out loud, and by they time she finished we all had eyes full of tears. We talked about how clearly God's hand was involved in this. They only looked at one place… yours. And they knew immediately they had found what they were looking for… a place to create memories like the ones you described your own family created during your decades as the owners. Zoom in on that sign on the wall behind Valerie. I think it'll make you happy. God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment