Sunday, January 11, 2015

THANKSgiving

 The Richards Family spent yet another holiday being sick. We were supposed to be enjoying Thanksgiving in Austin. We were so sad to miss, but decided to make the best of it.  We snuggled on the couch to watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade while passing tissues and coughing, but still able to put a smile on our faces...because we are indeed so very thankful for this life God has given us!  I insisted we at least get some pictures and put on our T-Day clothes, even if just for a few minutes.  Everyone indulged me.  ;)  Our food however, was probably the worst Adam and I have ever had in our life on Thanksgiving Day.  When I realized we were down for the count and not going to make it to Austin I ordered our Thanksgiving meal from Luby's, so that all we had to do was pick it up, bring it home and eat.  Now normally we enjoy Luby's, but this was the pits!  Stovetop would have been better. Lesson learned.  Oh well, hopefully next year everybody will be well! 


 Michael took Mommy & Daddy's picture.

 Once again my creative little boy surprised me.  I asked Michael to help set the table for our Thanksgiving meal and just look what he did, complete with turkey stickers and all!

Two Thanksgiving decorations that I will treasure throughout the years...Ella's turkey hand print and Michael's Thankful place mat.  




Of course our Thanksgiving day ended with some Texas Longhorn football...my boys were ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment