Friday, January 16, 2015

December Fun








Our Little People Nativity and Christmas Play-dough was a busy place this Christmas Season.  Ella would go to the Nativity numerous times a day to play and sing "Away In a Manger," melting my heart every single time.  


We had some fun Christmas snacks...the Christmas tree was requested every day.  I ended up using various other food for the ornaments (blueberries, strawberries) but the fruit loops were always requested because they were an extra special treat that Mommy never buys for home.  



So the "Very Hungry Caterpillar" has nothing to do with Christmas, but we love the book and the snack was a huge hit!


I had a lot of "help" decorating the Christmas tree this year and I loved every minute of it.  I gave up control of where each ornament had to be and was just thankful for the little hands that clumped them together and continuously rearranged them.  



Ella attended her friend Payton's Gingerbread Birthday Party.  Ella loves Payton, some days she wakes up asking for Payton.  Sweet.




Adam and I attended a super fun Ugly Christmas Sweater Party at The Bakers!


Michael and Ella's class Christmas gifts.

Our outside Nativity

The mini-van was decked out for Christmas too! Rudolph nose and antlers.  The kids really enjoyed this but I liked being able to easily find where I parked!



 My nails were decked out for Christmas too thanks to Jamberry wraps.

We added to our Nutcracker collection this year.


This was one of my favorite things about this Christmas Season and will be a new tradition.  Every morning Michael would find the book number that corresponded with the December date.  Each little book told a part of the Christmas story.  We would read the book together and then Michael hung the book ornament on his tree. He never missed one, he always remembered.  I like that this helps keep the focus on Jesus...the REASON for the CHRISTmas season!

Michael's Pre-School Christmas Program
So much more than  a cute little preschool Christmas program to me.  For so many years I longed to have a child "up there" singing.  This day was just another reminder of God's answered prayer to me and His promise kept.  I cried once again as I watched these precious children, especially my Michael, sing of Christ's birth, but my tears were of JOY!




 Church Christmas Party for our Sunday School Class

Sweetest little friends...Ella Grace and Lydia

Ella kept running into the hall and looking out the window while yelling with excitement, "Firetruck, Firetruck."  The firetrucks were beginning to line up in front of our church for the Christmas Lights Parade.  Very exciting for a two year old!

Michael on the other hand stuck to the activities...he decorated sugar cookies (several in fact...way more than mom knew about!), made reindeer food and a snowman bottle.



Michael listened intently as "Santa" read the Christmas story.

 Christmas Lights Parade


This.  Just this.  I could not get enough of this sweet face over Christmas.  Every single light display she saw whether in a parade or driving around looking at lights, even the most simplest of lights received the most joyous "Oh LOOK" you have ever heard.  Awe and wonder at it's finest. 







The Parade ended with St. Nick on the final fire truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment