Monday, September 14, 2009

Skipping September 13th Next Year

Ok, so Sept. 13, 2007 was my Dad's lung surgery. Sept. 13, 2008 Hurricane Ike hit. Yesterday, Sept.13, 2009 will go down as one of the worst days of my life. My miscarriage began around 4:00 pm, lasting through 1:00 this morning. I have never experienced such pain. Those that have known me a long time know that I've had several painful times in my life. Not only was this physical pain the worst I've had, but it was attached to such heavy emotional pain. I regret so much that I didn't listen to my friends that encouraged me to insist on a D&C. I'm upset with my doctor for not wanting to do one. No one should ever have to experience what I did yesterday. I won't go into details with you (I'd be happy to share with you personally if you want them). Adam was such a blessing and a trooper last night. He held my hand through the whole thing. Bless his heart, he can't stand the sight of blood, but he spent the whole night cleaning it up. We leave tomorrow for our vacation ~ thank goodness!! I'm looking forward to a time of healing and renewal for us.


On a happier note, I am blessed to have such sweet sisters in Christ. I have had a precious gift left on my doorstep each day. It may seem simple, but they shined a happy light in our most dark days. It meant more to me than I can express. I hope that I can return the love and joy that they have given to me. I love you girls!!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel I never knew you had a blog. I was kinda glancing through the older blogs and I saw all the things about September that were not good. THIS YEAR SEPTEMBER is going to be the best EVER! God works in mysterious ways! Its been a long time since I've seen you and you've been on my heart lately. Good luck, Love, Kristi Kendzior

    ReplyDelete