Saturday, April 11, 2015

A Special Project

My Before, During and After of my 6 week+ labor of love.  This is the best picture I could find, which happens to be a mean game of Jenga between Daddy and I years ago.  Wish I could recall who won! My Momma loved her china hutch.  I recall when this piece was purchased and brought home when I was just a little girl.  She was giddy with excitement.  It has withstood the test of time.  It is one of the few pieces I wanted from my parent's home, especially because she loved it so much.  BUT, I needed to update it.  So I jumped headfirst into my first furniture refinishing project.  Hallelujah for chalk paint!  I have spent countless hours working in the garage after kiddos have gone to bed.   A lot of trial and error.  It is certainly full of character flaws and I am OK with that.  It is finished, put back together with new hardware and now filled with many of my Momma's treasures.  I will see it everyday and recall some very precious memories.

BEFORE

DURING

AFTER


1 comment: