Saturday, May 10, 2014

Easter Week...Frozen...Sick Again

He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed! Hallelujah!! 
We worshiped our Risen Savior from home again this year.  We very much missed being with our church family (for the second year in a row), but I am thankful that as I type this we are all on the mend!



FROZEN was our Easter Week theme as we were stuck at home.  While Michael recovered from surgery he had lots of frozen popsicles, but he also received the movie as a prize.  This was our first time to see Frozen and we have watched it at least 20 times by now.  Adam has had about all he can stand from Michael and I singing, "Let it Go" from the top of our lungs! Ella goes super crazy over Olaf, she absolutely adores that snowman!

So last year on Easter Sunday we were in the ER with Ella Grace and a 104 temperature which we found out was due to a urinary tract infection.  Well, this year Michael's surgery was on Monday, and this is what my poor poor baby girl looked like on Wednesday.  She suffered for three days with a 104 temp. Her pain continued for about a week and cold/cough symptoms for about 2 weeks.  Bless her heart.  All of this from the super evil virus within the family of hand, foot and mouth...oh how I loathe this virus.  


So I had not slept for about three days due to my sick baby and my recovering boy needing me, but that's OK, that is my job and it is my joy to do so!   I was determined to still do some Easter Tradition activities, so I pulled out the needed items to dye Easter Eggs.  I totally blame my sleep deprivation for not remembering that you need WHITE eggs (not BROWN) when dying eggs. Therefore we ended up with lovely earth toned eggs.  
 OK, I admit they were somewhat pretty, but they just would not do. I had to have Easter colors!  So I was able to sneak away for white eggs.  Second batch...much better!  We also tried a new crayon method that Michael really liked.





 Daddy entertained with lots of Lego building.  He even made Ella some elephants. :)



 Ella's fever broke by Saturday morning and she perked up quite a bit.  She tried her first PEEP! :)


 Easter morning baskets from Mommy & Daddy.  I did not plan the pink/blue theme.  I guess that just happens when you have a boy and a girl.  Grandma sent the bunnies, but I just had to set them out with their baskets since they matched. ;)

 Though we couldn't be with our friends, we still had a backyard Easter Egg hunt.






Ella picked a few dandelions along the way.  Oh I love that girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment