Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mother's Day

I had a fabulous Mother's Day as a Mommy of TWO beautiful children. I could not be more blessed!! To start the weekend off, Daddy and Michael brought me balloons and flowers that Michael picked out...such a sweet boy.  I know this was a big deal because Michael LOVES balloons and he wanted Mommy to have balloons.


Then Adam baked a blackberry pie using blackberries that he picked!  Yummy!


Making my day even more special, Ella Grace's baby dedication was on Mother's Day!
When we first walked on stage, Michael and his friend Lyla stole the show! The whole congregation said, "Awwww!" Lyla's baby sister was dedicated also.


 
Ella's dress she wore was special because it was worn first by her cousin Sophie and then by cousin Olivia.  Sweet girls! Daddy was in charge of getting the kiddos dressed while I got ready because we had to arrive extra early.  I laid everything out for them to wear.  We pulled up to church, took Ella out of her car seat and there was no bow on her head!  I said, "Where is her bow?" (somewhat hysterically) Adam said, "I don't know, I'm pretty sure I put it on her."  We looked and there was no bow to be found.  I was so sad that she didn't have her bow :(  When we got home I found it in her crib...he laid her in there to watch her mobile after he dressed her and she took it off all by herself. She was still beautiful!!!
 

 
 My sweet babies, I love them SO MUCH!!
 


 
 After church they treated me to lunch at Gina's...great day! Michael's favorite part was the ice cream cookie sandwich, of course!


 

I miss my sweet Mama.  She was beautiful, inside and out!
        

Couldn't help but honor and remember Brandy and Margie...for choosing me to be Mommy to Michael and Ella Grace and for their strong mother's love that gave them the strength to place those precious babies into my arms.  I love them both dearly and am forever grateful they gave me the greatest job on earth, motherhood...and it is my greatest joy to carry out that job.

No comments:

Post a Comment