Monday, January 14, 2013

Oklahoma Part II

Well late that night around 1am Margie called and said they were on the way to the hospital! Woo Hoo!  We called Nan and Pop and they came to the hotel to stay with Michael while we went to the hospital.  After only being there a couple hours they sent her home because she wasn't progressing fast enough.  To our delight, Margie and Ethan asked to come back to our hotel.  Thankfully we had a two bedroom suite.  Nan and Pop headed back home, Adam slept in Michael's room, Ethan slept on the sleeper sofa in the living room and Margie went from the wing back chair to the bed to the shower to the chair to the shower to the bed, etc... Bless her heart there was just no comfort in sight.  As we were laying on the bed and I held her hand through the contractions I was just so thankful that she was allowing me to be part of her labor.  I will never be able to go through that myself and though I didn't have the physical pain, I felt like I was going through it too.  After a few hours I could tell there was a distinct difference in the intensity of her contractions and she could barely catch her breath before another contraction started. So I said, "I think we better get back to the hospital."  Sure enough, they admitted her right away and she had certainly progressed. Before Margie had her epidural she was suffering through the horrific pain of contractions, Ethan was on one side holding her hand and I was on the other side.  I was full of so many emotions knowing what this  beautiful, strong, brave, loving young woman was about to do.  I looked at her through my tears and said, "I am so sorry you are having to go through this pain."  Then she said, "I may not say it later, but I am so glad I can do this for you.  I love you."  Wow.  One of the most amazing moments of my life.  I have been so blessed by this young woman.  Thank you Lord for the jewel that Margie is. 

Sweet Margie ~ the angel God sent our family ~ getting some much needed relief after the epidural.
After it was all said and done Margie labored around 21 hours (I am writing this a little over two months later so my  memory may not be the best) only to end up with an emergency C-section.  I felt so sorry for her.  As it turns out, sweet little Ella was sunny side up and didn't turn. So Margie and Ethan were wheeled off for the C-Section while Adam and I waited (for what seemed like an eternity) in Margie's labor room.  And then just a few short minutes later...

No comments:

Post a Comment