Thursday, July 8, 2010

So Blessed!


I am still in awe of God's goodness and Brandy's generous heart. Today we went to her doctor's appointment and she introduced us to Dr. Lockett as the adoptive parents. Dr. Lockett said to us very delighted, "So this is YOUR SON!" We said, "Yes, he sure is!" Our son...wow!! This still seems so surreal to us. Brandy's check-up went very well. We heard Michael's little heart beat...the best sound I have ever heard, next to Adam's I love you's!! Dr. Lockett thinks Michael is going to be an 8 pounder! She plans on scheduling the C-section in either her 38th or 39th week...so that will be either the first or second week of September. I will go to her next appointment with her in two weeks and Adam will go to the next ultrasound with us. Through tears Brandy said to Dr. Lockett, "I want to make sure that they (pointing to us) are given the baby and get to hold him first." We all cried! This woman is amazing and I love her heart.
We took her out to lunch (she wanted Chinese) and then back to Safe Haven. We took this picture, but don't look at me. It was a very rainy day = bad hair day= pony tail. Nonetheless, I do cherish this picture for the love it represents.

2 comments:

  1. She's just a walking miracle, isn't she?! What a fabulous picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW Rachel!! I am so very happy for you!! I just get chills looking at that picture!! You guys are the picture of patience and waiting on God and His timing!! He always comes through!! I continue to pray for you that this adoption is a very smooth process for you, that your little Michael stays very healthy and very safe as he finishes "cooking", I also pray for Brandy that she stays healthy and doesn't get too uncomfortable. And I pray for a very safe, very exciting delivery of Michael!! I can't wait to read all about it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete