Thursday, June 3, 2010

Chosen and Appointed

My sweet friend was praying for me today and God gave her this poem...SO BEAUTIFUL! We know God is working RIGHT NOW on our behalf, so thankful! Oh how we will rejoice when we hold our baby that HE has made just for us...



Habakkuk 2:3 (New American Standard Bible)

3"For the vision is yet for the appointed time;
It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail
Though it tarries, wait for it;
For it will certainly come, it will not delay.



Rachel, I can hear you and see each tear you cry,
I know that you do not really understand why.
My child, I am working on things that you cannot see,
Please don’t lose the trust and faith you have in Me.
Your longing to be a mother has not been cast aside,
Just continue seeking Me and in My will abide.
Your child will find you at the appointed time by Me,
And in time my plan you will look back on and see,
That I was always working and setting things in place,
I knew your child, even when you could not see his face.
Keep on preparing the place where he will lay his head,
Don’t focus on the journey that seems so far ahead;
Just walk in peace and know that I have each step planned,
Even when it is more than you can understand.
I have a special treasure that I will trust to Adam and you;
Be patient, be watching for your dream will come true.
I have a special child that only you could raise;
And in time you will be able to speak My praise.
For this journey to your child will be one to share,
To encourage others in their time of waiting and despair.
For you have not been punished and you have done nothing wrong,
My child, it was for a purpose that I had chosen you all along.
You are to parent a child from another,
You are a very special chosen and appointed mother.
This child that I have for you will be a perfect fit,
For your family I have carefully together knit.
Keep your arms lifted in expectant prayer,
And soon your chosen child will be placed there.

1 comment:

  1. I'm Trent Henderson's sister-in-law and I saw your comment on Ginny's blog this morning and wanted to check out your blog. I am a Mom first through adoption and then had two more biologically(surprise!). I just wanted to encourage you that it really is all true...God has a perfect plan for your family and just hold on to the promise of that. I know it gets so hard to not feel "left out" and sometimes resentful but just keep turning to our God and know that you are not alone. I pray that you find a peace in the waiting and a closeness with your spouse(is it Adam?) and our God. I promise you that the first time you hold your child you will know that he/she was worth the wait and all the tears and heartache will be a price you would pay over and over again. Your sister in Christ--Melissa Henderson

    ReplyDelete