Sunday, January 10, 2010

Seminar or Revival?

We attended the Aggieland Adoptions Pre-Application Seminar this weekend. We walked away knowing that we were in the right place. I kept asking myself, "Am I at an adoption seminar or a revival?" It was incredible, amazing, heart-warming, confirming, exciting, and prayer centered! We are so blessed to have been led to this precious organization whose single goal is to place babies in homes that will lead them to an eternity with Jesus. Most (I'm not saying all) adoption agencies kind of feel like "baby brokers." That is so not the case here. Let me just tell you that over half of the adoption application deals with who we think Jesus Christ is, our relationship with Him, our relationship with each other, and our involvement with our church. I could go on and on and on, instead I'll just tell you where we go from here:
1. complete our very lengthy application
2. wait to hear back from the agency with an invitation to continue with the process
3. go to the agency for an interview
4. home study ~ involves more paper work for us, a lot of preparation(safety stuff) to our home and the actual home study
5. life book ~ OK so I had this great plan for making our life book, but that went out the window after they told us their VERY specific guidelines. You see the life book is how we are chosen by the birth mother, so IT HAS TO BE GOOD!! I don't have a lot of experience with scrap booking, mostly because I'm a perfectionist with that kind of stuff and it drives me crazy. So you can only imagine how I'll be with this scenario. I may be calling on savvy scrap booking friends to help me out!
6. WAIT for a birth mom to choose us

That's a very brief summary. Please continue to pray for the process and our baby...going to go work on the application now. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Those are super specific request! I'll be praying! Love the John Waller song...so applicable!

    ReplyDelete