Thursday, December 26, 2013

More December Fun

Michael is serious about Santa Claus. At our Sunday School Christmas party Santa made an appearance to visit the children.  Michael spotted him immediately and ran to him and jumped up into his arms.  Thankful I caught this moment on camera.  Michael sat still and listened intently as Santa Claus told the children the story of Christmas, Christ's birth.  Afterwards, Michael was gracious to share Santa's lap with Sissy.  Michel told Santa he wanted a lollipop and a new bicycle.
 





It was COLD on the night of the Christmas Lights Parade but we didn't let that stop us!  Adam outfitted us and our stroller with Christmas lights - what a great Daddy!





We had the privilege of participating in our church's Christmas musical this year...not to, ahem, sing of course, but to portray a young family sharing the Christmas story.  My aunt put it very well...she said, so no acting, just y'all being y'all ~ yep!  I was so proud of my kiddos, they did a super job on stage. While a solo was being sung about Jesus being the reason, Adam read Luke 2 while the kids and I acted it out with our Little People Nativity.  At the end, Santa Claus came up and knelt in front of the manger.  All on his own, Michael got up and took Santa his nativity as if to say, see Santa, this is what Christmas is about!  Love my boy!! It thrills my soul to hear him singing at the top of his lungs, "Away in a Manger, " and I pray that he will always know that Christmas is about Jesus.  When you ask him, "What is Christmas?," he will tell you, "Jesus' birthday."  I was nearly in tears the other night at bedtime.  I prayed with Michael and during the prayer I was thanking God for sending Jesus and Michael piped up and told God it was Jesus' birthday and sang Happy Birthday to Jesus in his prayer ~ so precious to this mommy. 
(the lights were changing colors that's why the pictures look different)


 
 
Couldn't get enough of this sweet thing in all of her cute Christmas outfits!  
 


 
Fun play date with The Lindsey Kiddo's ~ we love them bunches! 
I think Ella looks just like Maddie Beth!!
 
 

 
 Going to have my hands full with this little bit of naughtiness...but she is so cute isn't she?  She is climbing on anything and everything she can, my little monkey!



 
Michael's class treats.


 My sweet babies watching The Grinch together...Ella LOVES the Grinch (Jim Carey version) and shrills with excitement in every scene he is in.   Michael on the other hand does NOT like the Grinch.  It is hilarious to watch Ella.
 
 Cute snowman snack idea I stole from my friend...kid approved!

Spaghetti Face!! :)




Christmas Cards:  I don't know why it took me 8 years living in this house to figure out the PERFECT Christmas card display.  I ended up with cards going all the way around...and I especially enjoyed the cards with pics on the back because I could see them while working in my kitchen. :)



 
 

Play time with baby Lydia...Michael adores her as much as his sissy.  Nothing but love in this house!

We started a Nutcracker collection this year and plan to add to it every year.

My favorite Christmas "decorations"...


Michael has discovered that his kitchen can double as a puppet stage  - so fun! 
(Notice the toddler friendly felt Christmas tree in the hallway...wasn't a big hit like I thought it would be.  Well, Ella LOVES to take the ornaments off, but no one other than mom puts them back. :/)

No comments:

Post a Comment