Sunday, July 7, 2013

M-I-C-H-A-E-L


In an effort to teach him how to spell his name and to cheer for his achievements, I made up a chant and Michael can't get enough of it...
M
M-I
M-I-C-H-A-E-L
MICHAEL
MICHAEL
GOOOOO
MICHAEL!
 
Hard to believe my sweet boy will soon be 3 years old!  Mercy me, time goes by so fast.  When I think about how in just three short years he will be starting Kindergarten I can't breathe.  This time is so precious that we have to grow and mold him and I just need time to slow down.  I love this boy more and more each day and I didn't think it was possible to love him any more.  All you have to do is spend a couple minutes with Michael and he will steal your heart too. :)

The Latest and Greatest on Michael:
*can say the ABC's
*can count 1-20
*big new interest in jigsaw puzzles
*knows colors: red blue yellow orange green purple white black and brown
*singing tunes and jingles from radio/TV (Ex: KSBJ's radio jingle, Kipper's theme song)
*drawing smiley faces and in general is better at coloring and drawing
*knows shapes: triangle oval diamond
*Tells his full name: Michael Addison Richards
*Wants to say he is 5 instead of 2, despite all of our practicing...;/
*working on letter recognition
*not ready for potty training yet, but will occasionally tee tee in the potty (to get a jelly bean)
*Taking swim lessons, once a week through end of august - Wednesday evenings
*Sings songs all day...just blesses my soul to hear him walking around singing, "Jesus Loves the Little Children..."  His Grand-Daddy would love to sing with him!
*Throws a football and when he catches it does a dance...oh brother!
*He is quite the conversationalist, such a big boy.
*Very inquisitive...lots of, "Why Mommy?" or "Why not, Mommy?"
*Loves to run, make that fly, around the house as SUPER MICHAEL...cape and all
*Still obsessed with car garages and can add to that car washes
*Favorite Movie ~ PETER PAN...would watch it all day long if he was allowed.  He absolutely loves it...flying, swords, jumping on the bed, pirates, Indians, a dog, etc...  His attention span has amazed me from the beginning. He would (and still does) sit and listen to a story.  But the fact that he can sit and watch a movie just blows me a way.  He is also very interested in Mary Poppins these days too. 

Michael is still crazy in love with his baby sister ~ such a blessing!

 
Playing sweetly with sister
 
Michael, writing his "ABC's"
 

Michael's favorite part of the evening ~ BATH TIME
 
Michael's chalking of a smiley face :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment