Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hi Love

It is time for a Michael update.  "Hi Love" is my new favorite...it gets me every time.  He will walk into the room, say that to me with the sweetest of enthusiasm and I just melt.  I am storing up these precious treasures in my heart. 

He's not so little anymore...He has grown 5 inches since January 2012.  He is wearing size 3T in clothes and a size 8 or 9 in shoes, depending on the shoe.

He has a huge vocabulary and carries on conversations with you, oh my little man he is.

Michael's absolute favorite thing right now is the MOON.  He looks for it all day.  I never noticed how often you can see the moon during the day, but I do now thanks to my moon seeking boy!

Michael was introduced to Elf (the Will Ferrel movie) over Christmas and loved it.  He asks to watch it at least three times a week.  So funny to watch him getting a kick out of it.

Michael loves music and singing.  Singing songs at nap/bedtime is one of the absolute best times of our days.  I am going to try and secretly get Michael and Adam singing Jesus Loves Me on video, he sings at the top of his lungs, so precious!

Michael will tell you that God made him,  God made Sissy, God made Mommy,  God made Daddy...God made our family.

Michael is becoming more and more independent and wanting to do things for himself, so we frequently hear, "I Do IT!"

Tales of a Two and a Half Year Old:
Fish ~ Our aquarium is no longer full of fish. Michael emptied two fish food bottles into the aquarium.
Chalk ~ Walked in to find chalk all over the sides of the piano, hallway walls, kitchen cabinets, etc... (I won't tell you who was in charge, but you can guess I'm sure...it wasn't me!) HA!
Diaper in washing machine ~ I call this one Michael's science experiment to see how absorbent newborn diapers are!

 

In the past, hair cuts have been a struggle for Michael.  He would scream and cry the WHOLE time.  Well the last two hair cuts have been flawless, he's growing up and I'm so proud of him!


Serious face because he had been READY for school since he woke up. This boy wakes up every morning asking if it's a "school" day. He LOVES school.  He was only going on Thursdays 9:30-1:30, but now he is attending on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I love how he crosses his feet.

Ready for church, with his phone and keys!
 


This picture doesn't show it (serious face again), but Michael had a blast at Austin's Train Birthday party, riding on a trackless train around the neighborhood.


Like Father, Like Son...watching a Texans Football game.


Occasionally Michael will sleep with his football.  This makes Daddy very proud.


Michael and Daddy went to Grandma's house and picked oranges.  They brought home this huge basket of oranges and juiced them.
The fruit of their labor...Mmmm.


We have been blessed with wonderful new neighbors.  Their daughter is Michael's age and they just had a baby girl. Lyla came over for a play date...they had the most fun in Michael's bed.  That will have to be corrected before he's a teenager!




He is still very attached to Bird (Big Bird).  Bird sleeps with him and is taken all over the house during the day.  You never know what bird is up to know or where you'll find him...



I guess you could say we have entered the so called "Terrible Two's." I was secretly hoping that my boy would rise above, but alas, here we are...right in the middle of fit throwing, disobeying, pushing boundaries, etc...  In the midst of these "Terrible Twos" times we are trying to raise up a man of God. I am so blessed by Michael's genuine sweet spirit.  Just yesterday, as he was having a coughing fit while napping, I went in his room to prop him more upright on his pillow to relieve the coughing and in his very sleepy state he said, "Thank you Mama."  Instead of being aggravated that I was bothering him, he showed appreciation and love.  Oh how I love my boy!




2 comments: