Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Celebration of Adoption

We attended a "Celebration of Adoption" hosted by Adoptive Families of Houston.  The event was held at Clay's ~ really neat place by the way.   When we drove up Michael started shouting, "farm, farm," because of the buildings.  He wasn't disappointed...he had his first pony ride and was able to pet/see many animals.  There was face painting, balloon making, hula hooping, karaoke, dancing, pony rides, a petting zoo and food.  It was neat to connect with other adoptive families and Michael had SO MUCH FUN.  They had an "opening ceremony" that was sweet but for me something was glaringly missing.  You see they lit a candle in honor of your child's birth mom and said to send "warm thoughts" her way, played a Phil Collins song (You'll be in my heart) while the kids all waved their paper hearts,  etc...  All that is fine and good but I cannot celebrate my child without giving God the Honor and Glory!!  Michael (and Ella) would not have happened without my loving God's hand at work.  While we had a great time I just left kind of empty with a feeling that God was left out of the celebration...so the thought has crossed my mind, maybe I should start Christian Adoptive Families of Houston.  Food for thought for another day.
 

  



 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment