Friday, May 6, 2011

Tickled!!

So Michael and I were in the mall yesterday. Of course people can't help but stop and "ooh and aah" over my precious boy! Well, two ladies (strangers) stopped to look at him. They glanced at me and then at Michael, back at me and then at him again. Then said, "Well my goodness he has his Mommy's eyes!" I admit I loved hearing that and it just absolutely tickled me! I didn't correct them, because he is my son and we do look alike...it wasn't necessary to say, "Yes, well he is adopted..." Instead I smiled and said, "Thank you." It tickles me that my God not only blessed us with a healthy, sweet-natured, beautiful child, but he added the extra touch of having him resemble us. Isn't that just like Him? If you are waiting on something just hold onto to Jesus and wait...the morning is coming! Remember my post from this time last year...

Do you wonder why you have to
Feel the things that hurt you
If there’s a God who loves you where is He now

Maybe there are things you can’t see
And all those things are happening
To bring a better ending

Someday somehow you’ll see you’ll see

Would you dare would you dare to believe
That you still have a reason to sing
Cause the pain that you’ve been feeling
It can’t compare to the joy that’s coming

So hold on you gotta wait for the light
Press on and just fight the good fight
Cause the pain that you’ve been feeling
It’s just the dark before the morning

My friend you know how this all ends
You know where you’re going
You just don’t know how you’ll get there
So say a prayer

And hold on cause there’s good for those who love God
But life is not a snapshot
It might take a little time but you’ll see the bigger picture


Once you feel the weight of glory
All your pain will fade to memory

It’s just the hurt before the healing
Oh the pain that you’ve been feeling
It’s just the dark before the morning



And now look at this year...
I have to admit that I am so looking forward to my first Mother's Day! For the past few years Mother's Day has been the worst day of the year for me...Not being a mother and wanting a child so badly AND my precious mother being in Heaven. It got to the point I couldn't bare to go to church on Mother's Day, just too sad and emotional. But this year I will be CELEBRATING!!!! Praise God for Michael's birth mother and the amazing gift she has given me, my son!
My Mother's Day weekend has already started out great! Play date with friends this morning. Adam brought me flowers when he came home and we have a date night tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel I think of you and your precious story every time I hear that song! It gives me chills every time!! God is SO GOOD!!

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! It is going to be a very special day for you!! I am so happy for you!

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete