Monday, May 9, 2011

8 Months!

"What are these things on my monkey's feet?"

"Seriously Mom, how many times do I have to sit here with my monkey?"

"I'm really serious!!"


Again, I can't believe how fast another month has gone by. I am sad when I think that in just 4 quick months my baby will be a one year old ~ yikes! It has been so fun to see him learn and do more things this month. He has two teeth on top, making a total of four teeth (2 top and 2 bottom). He is eating solid food twice a day now. Separation and stranger anxiety has kicked in BIG TIME! He gets so excited when Daddy comes home from work. He follows Daddy with his eyes for the rest of the evening if he's not in his arms...so sweet! He has mastered sitting up without assistance, but eventually he gets tired and falls to the side or on his back.
He is attached to his burp cloth; not a particular one, any of them. He likes to hold it and chew on it. Sometimes he lets it just hang out of his mouth, hands free. Speaking of chewing, he loves to chew on wet wash clothes and suck the water out ~ funny boy! One of his favorite things to do is SPLASH and KICK in his rubber ducky bath tub. My boy loves bath time! His other favorite activity is watching Daisy, the cat...watching from the glass door that is, she is NOT allowed in the house. Every time we walk by he squeals and kicks his legs with excitement. So I put his boppy pillow in front of the door and sat him down in it (he can sit up great I just didn't want him to accidentally fall back and hit the wood floor). He sat there watching Daisy for 10 minutes! I couldn't believe it. This is the boy who won't let Mommy out of his sight, but for 10 minutes he didn't care where I was as long as he could see Daisy.


The beloved burp cloth (security blanket)!


Watching Daisy




Play date with best bud Micah Lindsey.


So cute!

1 comment: