Thursday, August 20, 2009

An Exciting Day

Yesterday was fun and not-so-fun. I had a great lunch with my Aunt Pat and cousins Kathy and Lauren. We went to a quaint little tea room here in Friendswood and had a wonderful time celebrating our pregnancy news. Then...my first bout (more like seven) with morning sickness kicked in. Oh my goodness!!! I will spare you the details. I'm learning now that I need to keep things "just right" with my tummy...not too empty and not too full. My sweet friend Courtney came to the rescue and got me feeling better just in time for Adam and I to go pick up our brand new baby mobile! We traded in my old Ford Explorer (thank you "cash for clunkers" - it really was a clunker...we had to jump start it to get there!) for a Honda CRV. It will have plenty of room for one or two car seats. For those that haven't heard, my HCG level was double what it was expected to be ~ so we might be having twins!! We'll find out next week (Thu) when we have our first ultrasound and hopefully see a heartbeat. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

  1. That's exciting about the possibility of twins! I don't know if anyone's told you but for morning sickness, I've heard those Preggie Pops are really good. They sell them at Babies R Us and Motherhood. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! You started a blog. I am so happy I can keep up with you. I can't wait until Thursday.How exciting- twins!! Have a great evening

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I will be adding you to my Google RSS Reader. :) I'm keeping you all in my prayers! Hopefully the morning sickness will subside when you hit the second trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah for a blog!! I'm so glad you started one, my friend. I can't believe your hormone levels were double....WHAT IF YOU ARE HAVING TWINS OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Can't wait for next Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, I am so happy for you and Adam...Your faith inspires me greatly...I thank you for sharing this most special journey and look forward to updates and seeing my precious cousin(s)in just a few months! With continued prayer...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and your Aunt Shirley says congrats to both you and Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel, I am so excited for you and Adam and that you are doing well. All days sickness yuck. I tried to give mine an eviction notice at 12 weeks but it refused. It did get better :).

    ReplyDelete