Tuesday, August 13, 2013

B-I-B-L-E

It has been a struggle for me, since becoming a Mommy, to find my time alone to spend in God's Word. I am not an early morning person and feel time after kid's go to bed is to be time with my husband. Lately my time has been during Ella's morning nap time. I always tell Michael it is Mommy's time to read her Bible and talk to God and ask him to play quietly. On the morning of this picture I had occupied Michael at his table with Play dough. While I was having my quiet time Michael came up to the table with his Bibles in hand and started "reading his Bible." He said, "I read my Bible too Mommy."  This has become a regular occurrence and oh how my heart and soul overflow..
Deuteronomy 11:19 "Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."
I pray these simple words to a childhood song will be true for my children in their life...
"The B-I-B-L-E, yes that's the book for me.  I stand alone on the word of God, the B-I-B-L-E!

No comments:

Post a Comment