Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Waiting Has Begun

Our Life Books (3) have been mailed to the adoption agency, so the waiting has officially begun! Could be 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years...only God knows when our sweet little one will come to us.
We have to attend quarterly support group meetings at the agency. Our first one will be April 24. Once we are matched, then we are required to attend them monthly until the adoption is final.
As I have said before, I am praying for our birth mom and baby all the time. I just wonder if he/she has even been conceived yet. Please join me in praying for the health and well being of our child. There is certainly a risk involved with adoption, you never know what you're getting, so to speak. Not to say there's not a risk with your natural born child, but you certainly have control of how you take care of yourself while you're pregnant. I have had to totally let go and let God. There is absolutely nothing I can do, except pray. It was recently brought to my attention (during our home study interview!!!!!) that I like to be in control...hmmmm...Adam said, "Amen!" ;) Did you know that about me? You are all probably shaking your head YES! Not being in control of the situation, I guess I kind of feel like a fish out of water. This journey is certainly shaping my character...after all, He is the potter and I am the clay.
In the mean time, while we wait, we are continuing to prepare. We still have necessities to buy. I am going to register soon ~ so exciting! Out of all the things we need to purchase the thing I am most excited about is a DIAPER BAG. I know it sounds silly, but it is really important to me. Since I was a wee little girl I would play with my baby dolls and Mom let me have a REAL diaper bag to play with. Oh how I loved that diaper bag. Since then I have longed for the day to have a special diaper bag for my baby. So yes, I will probably spend way too much time, effort, and money where a diaper bag is concerned, but hey it's a dream come true! Stay tuned for the revealing of "The Diaper Bag!"

2 comments:

  1. Excited about THE diaper bag! Don't feel silly! It's YOUR dream. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just about in tears reading your blog! So excited words can not express! One piece of advice - watch how heavy the diaper bag is by itself. We bought a real nice one then decided to use a lighter weight one. With everything in it, it can get very heavy + baby in carrier.

    ReplyDelete